Configuration file parser.
A setup file consists of sections, lead by a "[section]" header,
and followed by "name: value" entries, with continuations and such in
the style of RFC 822.
The option values can contain format strings which refer to other values in
the same section, or values in a special [DEFAULT] section.
would resolve the "%(dir)s" to the value of dir. All reference
expansions are done late, on demand.
Intrinsic defaults can be specified by passing them into the
ConfigParser constructor as a dictionary.
ConfigParser -- responsible for for parsing a list of
configuration files, and managing the parsed database.
create the parser and specify a dictionary of intrinsic defaults. The
keys must be strings, the values must be appropriate for %()s string
interpolation. Note that `__name__' is always an intrinsic default;
it's value is the section's name.
return all the configuration section names, sans DEFAULT
return list of configuration options for the named section
read and parse the list of named configuration files
get(section, option, raw=0, vars=None)
return a string value for the named option. All % interpolations are
expanded in the return values, based on the defaults passed into the
constructor and the DEFAULT section. Additional substitutions may be
provided using the `vars' argument, which must be a dictionary whose
contents override any pre-existing defaults.
like get(), but convert value to an integer
like get(), but convert value to a float
like get(), but convert value to a boolean (currently defined as 0 or
| || ||
| || ||
- __get(self, section, conv, option)
- __read(self, fp)
- Parse a sectioned setup file.
- The sections in setup file contains a title line at the top,
- indicated by a name in square brackets (`'), plus key/value
- options lines, indicated by `name: value' format lines.
- Continuation are represented by an embedded newline then
- leading whitespace. Blank lines, lines beginning with a '#',
- and just about everything else is ignored.
- __init__(self, defaults=None)
- add_section(self, section)
- Create a new section in the configuration.
- Raise DuplicateSectionError if a section by the specified name
- already exists.
- get(self, section, option, raw=0, vars=None)
- Get an option value for a given section.
- All % interpolations are expanded in the return values, based on the
- defaults passed into the constructor, unless the optional argument
- `raw' is true. Additional substitutions may be provided using the
- `vars' argument, which must be a dictionary whose contents overrides
- any pre-existing defaults.
- The section DEFAULT is special.
- getboolean(self, section, option)
- getfloat(self, section, option)
- getint(self, section, option)
- has_section(self, section)
- Indicate whether the named section is present in the configuration.
- The DEFAULT section is not acknowledged.
- options(self, section)
- read(self, filenames)
- Read and parse a list of filenames.
- Return a list of section names, excluding [DEFAULT]
| || ||
DEFAULTSECT = 'DEFAULT'