Utility functions for simple, timestamp-based dependency of files
and groups of files; also, function based entirely on such
timestamp dependency analysis.
- make_file(src, dst, func, args, verbose=0, update_message=None, noupdate_message=None)
- Makes 'dst' from 'src' (both filenames) by calling 'func' with
'args', but only if it needs to: i.e. if 'dst' does not exist or
'src' is newer than 'dst'.
- newer(source, target)
- Return true if 'source' exists and is more recently modified than
'target', or if 'source' exists and 'target' doesn't. Return
false if both exist and 'target' is the same age or younger than
'source'. Raise DistutilsFileError if 'source' does not
- newer_group(sources, target, missing='error')
- Return true if 'target' is out-of-date with respect to any
file listed in 'sources'. In other words, if 'target' exists and
is newer than every file in 'sources', return false; otherwise
return true. 'missing' controls what we do when a source file is
missing; the default ("error") is to blow up with an OSError from
inside 'stat()'; if it is "ignore", we silently drop any missing
source files; if it is "newer", any missing source files make us
assume that 'target' is out-of-date (this is handy in "dry-run"
mode: it'll make you pretend to carry out commands that wouldn't
work because inputs are missing, but that doesn't matter because
you're not actually going to run the commands).
- newer_pairwise(sources, targets)
- Walk two filename lists in parallel, testing if each source is newer
than its corresponding target. Return a pair of lists (sources,
targets) where source is newer than target, according to the
semantics of 'newer()'.
||__file__ = '/usr/lib/python1.6/distutils/dep_util.pyc'|
__name__ = 'distutils.dep_util'
__revision__ = '$Id: dep_util.py,v 1.1 2000/04/04 02:05:59 gward Exp $'