A dumb and slow but simple dbm clone.
For database spam, spam.dir contains the index (a text file),
spam.bak *may* contain a backup of the index (also a text file),
while spam.dat contains the data (a binary file).
XXX TO DO:
- seems to contain a bug when updating...
- reclaim free space (currently, space once occupied by deleted or expanded
items is never reused)
- support concurrent access (currently, if two processes take turns making
updates, they can mess up the index)
- support efficient access to large databases (currently, the whole index
is read when the database is opened, and some updates rewrite the whole index)
- support opening for read-only (flag = 'm')
|_BLOCKSIZE = 512|
__file__ = '/usr/lib/python2.1/dumbdbm.pyc'
__name__ = 'dumbdbm'