Utility functions for simple, timestamp-based dependency of files
and groups of files; also, function based entirely on such
timestamp dependency analysis.
- make_file(src, dst, func, args, verbose=0, update_message=None, noupdate_message=None)
- Makes 'dst' from 'src' (both filenames) by calling 'func' with
'args', but only if it needs to: i.e. if 'dst' does not exist or 'src'
is newer than 'dst'.
- newer(source, target)
- Return true if 'source' exists and is more recently modified than
'target', or if 'source' exists and 'target' doesn't. Return false if
both exist and 'target' is the same age or younger than 'source'.
Raise DistutilsFileError if 'source' does not exist.
- newer_group(sources, target, missing='error')
- Return true if 'target' is out-of-date with respect to any file
listed in 'sources'. In other words, if 'target' exists and is newer
than every file in 'sources', return false; otherwise return true.
'missing' controls what we do when a source file is missing; the
default ("error") is to blow up with an OSError from inside 'stat()';
if it is "ignore", we silently drop any missing source files; if it is
"newer", any missing source files make us assume that 'target' is
out-of-date (this is handy in "dry-run" mode: it'll make you pretend to
carry out commands that wouldn't work because inputs are missing, but
that doesn't matter because you're not actually going to run the
- newer_pairwise(sources, targets)
- Walk two filename lists in parallel, testing if each source is newer
than its corresponding target. Return a pair of lists (sources,
targets) where source is newer than target, according to the semantics
||__file__ = '/usr/lib/python2.2/distutils/dep_util.pyc'|
__name__ = 'distutils.dep_util'
__revision__ = '$Id: dep_util.py,v 1.3 2001/12/06 20:51:35 fdrake Exp $'