CallTips.py - An IDLE Extension to Jog Your Memory
Call Tips are floating windows which display function, class, and method
parameter and docstring information when you type an opening parenthesis, and
which disappear when you type a closing parenthesis.
Future plans include extending the functionality to include class attributes.
||Methods defined here:|
- __init__(self, editwin=None)
- calltip_cancel_event(self, event)
- check_calltip_cancel_event(self, event)
- fetch_tip(self, name)
- Return the argument list and docstring of a function or class
If there is a Python subprocess, get the calltip there. Otherwise,
either fetch_tip() is running in the subprocess itself or it was called
in an IDLE EditorWindow before any script had been run.
The subprocess environment is that of the most recently run script. If
two unrelated modules are being edited some calltips in the current
module may be inoperative if the module was not the last to run.
- get_entity(self, name)
- Lookup name in a namespace spanning sys.modules and __main.dict__
- paren_close_event(self, event)
- paren_open_event(self, event)
Data and other attributes defined here:
- menudefs = 
- Get a string describing the arguments for the given object